- STOL: The SuperSTOL is is Just Aircraft’s short takeoff and landing version of the Highlander.
- EXPERIMENTAL AMATEUR-BUILT: The SuperSTOL’s upgraded design features include a new slatted wing and a virtually indestructible landing gear that can accommodate 29-in tundra tires.
- SLATTED WING: “The new slatted wing has significantly enhanced the performance numbers and slow flight control. This provides access to considerably more off-airport landing sites, making the SuperStol one of the most versatile backcountry machines out there”
– Troy Woodland, design engineer. | – Source
The SuperSTOL sports an all metal wing aerodynamically designed to enhance slow flight capabilities while also increasing cruise speed. Additionally the wing incorporates self-deploying leading edge slats and long span fowler flaps to further improve the aircraft’s stall range. To complement the new wing we have installed a new landing gear system that takes full advantage of a hydraulic strut with a long distance of travel. The tail wheel also incorporates a hydraulic shock to lessen aggressive off airport landings. No other aircraft kit manufacturer offers a comparable airplane.
The wing slats, when combined with the large Fowler flaps, allow the aircraft to be flown at extremely high angles of attack permitting it to ‘drop’ into small or inclined clearings. This provides access to considerably more off-airport landing sites, making the SuperStol one of the most versatile backcountry machines out there. With the new wing configuration, the Highlander will cruise at 110 mph, land at 32 mph, and take off or land with as little as 150 feet of runway.
The SuperSTOL price includes the Highlander package plus the following:
- Two 13.5 gallon wing tanks
- Wings mated to the fuselage
- 21 inch Tundra tires
- Extreme brake package
See what others are saying about one of the most affordable high performance STOL aircraft.
Experimental Amateur Built STOL aircraft Dan Johnson at Oshkosh details the SuperStol aircraft.
SuperStol near full stall landing Watch this ultra short landing of the SuperStol at the Just Aircraft factory runway.
Troy dropping in Troy Woodland lands the SuperStol at the Just Aircraft factory.
View from the Cockpit Vew from inside the plane showing the slats popping open and decent rate.