The Just103Solo is being developed to meet the demand for a rugged affordable part 103 ultralight. This single seat aircraft has standard stick and rudder controls. The fuselage of the Just103Solo will be a robust 4130 chrom-molly steel frame, like the rest of our production line. The boom tube version will not be available.
In short, what does Part 103 flying mean?
- No license required
- No registration
- No medical
Standard Kit: Just103Solo
- Polini Thor 250 Engine
- Basic Avionics: Airspeed, Alt, digital engine display
- Prop, Fuselage, Wing, & Tail Parts
- Set of Main Wheels & a Tail Wheel
- One 5 Gal wing Tank
- Matco hydraulic disc toe brakes
Estimated Price: $20,000
Just103Solo Pricing Sheet – TBD
Options: Deluxe Beringer wheels and brakes are currently installed on the prototype. For those that want a more diverse aircraft – a Rotax 582 Engine, 29″ Bush Wheels, & Lotus Floats are being formatted to the prototype. We will also offer a ballistic parachute, which will give you a little bit more weight flexibility (Advisory Circular 103-7). However, these larger options, especially in combination would have to be certified under another category. Options for legal part103 version will be limited. To say the least, flight testing has been fun 😉
Articles and Videos:
- Just Aircraft, Just 103 Solo, FAR Part 103 Legal Ultralight Aircraft. (video byDanJohnson.com – May 11, 2018)
- Buzz Shannon on FaceBook
- Just Aircraft Adds Ultralight, Just 103, to Product Line (Article by Aviators Hotline – May 10, 2018)
- Sun ‘n Fun Day 2 — Just Aircraft Solo 103, LSA Mall, and DeLand’s Reception (Article ByDanJohnson.com – April 12, 2018)
- Big to Small, Just Aircraft Pleases; Now, Check Out their Part 103 Ultralight Aircraft (Article ByDanJohnson.com – August 8, 2017)
A two place side-by-side dual control/individual sticks training aircraft is also in the foreseeable future.
People on social media seem really excited for the release of the Just103Solo: